|14 02 13: Valentines Day screening + dinner|
We'll be continuing our popular Valentine's screening and 3 course dinner this year, with an option of two different screenings, the hit musical Once and the classic Casablanca.
Early Evening Screening - Once
Released in 2007, Once tells the story of a busker and an an Eastern European cleaner over a week in Dublin, as they write, rehearse and record songs that tell their love story. Spielberg was quoted as saying "A little movie called Once gave me enough inspiration to last the rest of the year,” and the film went on to win the best song Oscar in the 2008 awards. A gem of a movie.
Venue open from 5pm.
Film starts 7pm, ends around 8:40pm. (note - for those that wish to stay, we'll be screening Casablanca simultaneously on the front screen from 9pm)
Late Evening Screening - Casablanca
Screening later we have the classic Casablanca, the 1942 tale of love, friendship and loss starring the legendary Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.
Venue open from 5pm for pre-dinner drinks. (note - we will also be showing Once simultaneously on the front screen from 7pm)
Seating from 9pm, film starts 9:30pm, ends around 11:20pm.
3-course Valentine's dinner + glass of Prosecco + screening £35 per head (£30 Roxy members).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries and bookings.
- Beetroot marinated smoked salmon, rocket and shaved fennel salad
- Ham hock and rabbit terrine, rhubarb and plum chutney, toasted ciabatta
- Grilled courgette rolls with aubergine caviar and grilled piquillo peppers
- Grilled haddock, crushed new potatoes with goats cheese, chilli and mint pea puree, citrus aioli
- Chorizo stuffed chicken breast, dauphinoise potatoes, roasted vegetables, chorizo cream sauce
- Feta, caramelised onions and beetroot filo pastry strudel, green beans and rocket salad, with beetroot puree
- Sharing plate of passion fruit curd pots, banoffee tart, blueberry and white chocolate ganache cups